The REACH (Realizing Educational Achievement Can Happen) Program at WCC is based in the Student Resource Center. Their goal is to assist the college in providing students with a positive learning experience while attending WCC. REACH provides a case management model advocating on behalf of all students to help them overcome barriers that impede their success, and to promote an educational environment that values diversity, inclusiveness, and quality. REACH offers academic and career advising; education plans; grants for tuition, books, on and off campus childcare; bus tokens; a career mentoring program; and an emergency food pantry. An on-site Life Skills Coach will assist students as needed.
• Must be enrolled in credit classes at WCC.
• Must maintain satisfactory academic progress and taking classes that match the chosen major.
• Must complete the program intake process and meet each semester with the SRWC Life Skills coach.
• Must have been an eligible foster care placement supervised by the Department of Human Services at age 14 or older.
• Must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year in which enrolled.
Highlights of majors, programs, departments, and activities: Excellent academics with strong occupational programs including advanced manufacturing, automotive, construction, digital media, health and information technology. Small class sizes and dedicated instructors all combine to give WCC students a high-quality education at an exceptional value. WCC has more than 100 programs providing a wealth of educational opportunities to pursue a degree, update job skills, or take a class for continuing education.
Fostering Success Michigan is a statewide initiative that aims to increase access and success in higher education and post-college careers for youth with experience in foster care. Learn how you can contribute to building a holistic network that insulates (i.e., strengthens protective factors and reduces risks) the education to career "pipeline."Make a Donation