Back to Library

Work Study

When you apply for federal financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), you can indicate on your application that you want work-study assistance.

To get started on your FAFSA, follow the link.

What types of jobs are available?
If you work on campus, you'll usually work for your school. If you work off campus, your employer will usually be a private nonprofit organization or a public agency, and the work performed must be in the public interest. Your school may also have agreements with private for-profit employers for Federal Work-Study jobs. This type of job must be relevant to your course of study (to the extent possible).

Click on the link below to view this resource.

Your donations help make a difference

Fostering Success Michigan is a program of Educate Tomorrow that aims to increase access and success in higher education and post-college careers for youth with experience in foster care. Learn how you can contribute to building a holistic network that insulates (i.e., strengthens protective factors and reduces risks) the education to career "pipeline." 

Make a Donation