The YourNMC program is designed to help current and former foster youth who are transitioning into…
The REACH (Realizing Educational Achievement Can Happen) Program at WCC is based in the Student Resource Center. Their goal is to assist the college in providing students with a positive learning experience while attending WCC. REACH provides a case management model advocating on behalf of all students to help them overcome barriers that impede their success, and to promote an educational environment that values diversity, inclusiveness, and quality. REACH offers academic and career advising; education plans; grants for tuition, books, on and off campus childcare; bus tokens; a career mentoring program; and an emergency food pantry. An on-site Life Skills Coach will assist students as needed.
• Must be enrolled in credit classes at WCC.
• Must maintain satisfactory academic progress and taking classes that match the chosen major.
• Must complete the program intake process and meet each semester with the SRWC Life Skills coach.
• Must have been an eligible foster care placement supervised by the Department of Human Services at age 14 or older.
• Must have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year in which enrolled.
Be sure to check out our FSM HEC Getting to Know FSM Higher Education Consortium: Washtenaw Community College REACH Program!! This webinar highlights the Washtenaw Community College REACH Program and how it supports postsecondary access and success for youth with experience in foster care.
Fostering Success Michigan is a program of The New Foster Care that aims to increase access and success in higher education and post-college careers for youth with experience in foster care. Learn how you can contribute to building a holistic network that insulates (i.e., strengthens protective factors and reduces risks) the education to career "pipeline."Make a Donation